Our Virginia Symphony Orchestra Jazz concert on September 2 was fantastic! Unfortunately, Mother Nature cut us short but we still had a great evening! Even more delightful, VSO Executive Director, Eric Borenstein, a new East Beach resident was the evening’s emcee! We look forward to bringing the VSO Jazz back to East Beach soon!
Just another perk in East Beach! Check out other events going on in East Beach by clicking the link below http://eastbeachnorfolk.com/news/events.php
Today’s weather is simply perfect, fall is upon us and is gracing us this morning with a pleasantly cool refreshing breeze.
Ideal weather for the workers who are giving it their all on the 2012 Fall Homearama houses.
This year’s Homearama features 10 exquisite houses built by various builders.
- The Globe, The Charity House to benefit the Global Friendship House at Old Dominion University, constructed by Strickland Homes. The Global Friendship House will be a dormitory that will serve the needs of international students and promote world understanding.
- The EVMS Healthy House, The Charity House to benefit the Eastern Virginia Medical School Fund, which supports the school’s teaching, discovering and caring missions. The home is being constructed by L.R. Hill Custom Builders and will demonstrate to visitors how EVMS supports the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Hampton Roads Magazine’s “Coastal Idea House” by Stephen Alexander Homes, will host cooking demonstrations, wine tastings and other activities, as well as feature items available from Hampton Roads Magazine advertisers.
- The Norfolk House, built by Richardson Homes/Viridian Homes, will highlight the host city of Norfolk and its amenities
- The Sister City House, built by Definitive Homes, will highlight the host city’s relationship with their sister city of Norfolk, England.
- The Get Pink with Sentara House, built by ABT Custom Homes, will help to generate awareness of breast cancer prevention and survivorship.
- Simple Elegance, from The New Economy House Series, built by DeBord Custom Homes, will showcase a cottage designed by Marianne Cusato. The smaller home design will merge traditions of the past with the housing trends of today.
We are about a month away from the big opening day!!! So mark you calendars!
This past weekend’s Out of the Box: Out on the Bay was canceled in advance, due to the storms headed our way. Unfortunately the decision to cancel was last minute and many people did not get the message, including Paul Shugrue and a few of the other musicians.
With the rain not started and many people there, we had a very impromptu jam session. The music was great & Paul Shugrue even stayed to mingle and introduce the musicians to the crowd.
We were happy to hear that it was very well enjoyed and that everyone is looking forward to future Out of the Box: Out on the Bay shows.
We do apologize for any miscommunication about the event, updates and cancellations. But we invite you and do hope to see you at the next Out of the Box: Out on the Bay on August 25th at 6pm.
Remember this fun event is open to the public, so invite your friends and family to join the festivities!
For more information visit:
House Furnishing and Accessory Sale
Thursday, December 1, 2011
10 am – 7 pm
Many of the items featured in the Coastal Living
House will be available for sale.
The sale is for one day only and all items purchased
during the sale must be removed that day.
Please note that there are some items in the house
that will not be for sale. There are also additional
items that may have previously been sold.
If you have interest in a specific item(s) prior to
December 1, please contact:
704-376-8900 or e-mail her at email@example.com
*Items purchased in advance of December 1, may not be removed from the house
until after the house closes on November 27.
Unable to accept cash. However, VISA, MasterCard and personal checks, with appropriate
identification, will be accepted
Each month we are pulling one lucky name from the ticket pile of people who have toured the Coastal Living House to win a fabulous gift basket.
Last Months Winner was, Alice Wyvill of Newport News
To win one of these amazing baskets full of goodies just fill out the back of your tour ticket and drop it off at the Coastal Living House. Good Luck!!!
Unite and Remember 9/11 at the 1st Annual Freedom Festival in Chesapeake, VA.
The Festival will start on Thursday, September 8, 2011 and will continue till Sunday, September 11, 2011 at the Chesapeake City Park on Greenbrier Parkway. The Buddy Bagley stage will come alive with the sounds of national and local recording artists. The great lawn at the foot of the stage will be the perfect location for sponsors and vendors to showcase their products to our guests as we honor America’s Heroes.
The lives of every American were changed on the morning of 9-11. The mission of the Virginia Freedom Festival is to honor the thousands of innocent victims of that tragic day. Additionally, we will honor the brave men and women of our military and public safety organizations who give of themselves day after day to protect us.
For more information visit http://vafreedomfest.com/
The City of Virginia Beach will Commemorate the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at the 24th Street Park on Sunday, September 11, 2011 beginning at 1:30pm. The Tidewater Winds & the Virginia Beach Chorale will be Performing in the Let Freedom Ring Tribute Concert. For more information visit http://www.tidewaterwinds.org/840.h.911_Concert
Happy Flag Day! As we celebrate the adoption of United States Flag today, we at East Beach are also celebrating the marvel of watching the 2011 Coastal Living House construct and we are amazed how fast & efficient everything is progressing. July 29th is the official opening day of the Coastal Living house and its right around the corner! Most of the exterior painting is nearly complete & all of the interior painting is fully done and looking spectacular. The prefinished hardwood flooring on the 1st floor will be installed this week, the brick fireplace at the south patio will be completed at the end of the week & the Ceramic tiles in all bathrooms have been installed. We defiantly think that’s something to celebrate on this grand ol’ day.
Written by: Angela K Smith
Photos by: Robbie Hickman